Wednesday, October 22, 2008

SANDY'S DEER

Last week I spent a couple of hours at my friend, Sandy Sandy's home trying to grab a few pictures of her deer. Sandy is a very accomplished artist and I am privileged to have several of her "spirit art works". (Check out her web log at: http://www.sandysandysweblog.blogspot.com) She and her husband, Jerry Farley buy ears of corn and feed a group of wild deer throughout the cold months of the fall and winter. This is the one called "Fuzzy Tail" the only one who didn't run when she spied me with my camera.

Sandy can go about her business, and the deer, confident of her care, pay little attention. But I never saw the males, except for a glimpse through the window.

A few of the deer returned as long as I was in hiding, but that ended when this nervous mother with her yearling sounded an alarm.

No comments: