The park was originally part of a commercially unsuccessful housing site, the idea of Count Eusebi Güell, whom the park was named after. It has since been converted into a municipal garden. It was designed by the Catalan architect Antoni Gaudí and built in the years 1900 to 1914. It is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site "Works of Antoni Gaudí".
The gate house to the park resembles a gingerbread house with this tiled roof.
The main entrance to the park is this divided curved stairway bordered by tiled walls in the shape of a dragon
Leading to this tile dragon fountain at the top.
These unusual looking columns are made of stone and support a pathway that lead over the top of them,
The Pathway on top.